We are now seeking a new Graduate Planning Consultant to join our team based at our London Docklands Office.
- RTPI Accredited Degree (or nearly completed)
- Working towards RTPI Licentiate Assessment of Professional Competence (APC)
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Desire to deliver excellent service to clients
To pursue the development and use of land and buildings under the provisions of the various planning and associated acts in the interests of clients, having regard to the aims and objectives of Smart Planning Ltd and in accordance with Standard Operational Procedures.
Your duties will include:
- Identifying the need for, preparing, implementing, maintaining, improving and ensuring adherence to Standard Operational Procedures.
- Obtaining and maintaining a current knowledge of the statutory planning framework at national, strategic and local level.
- To form opinions upon the merits of development proposals having regard to the development plan and all other material considerations.
- To formulate, monitor and review appropriate applications and appeals under the planning and associated acts and to liaise with planning authorities in that regard.
- To respond to third party issues arising through the planning process.
- To monitor, review and make representations in respect of draft development plans.
- To maintain good standards of administration and personal time keeping.
- To appraise the current state of development projects and to advise clients accordingly.
- Whether as part of the duties described above, or separately, to attend committee meetings, appeal hearings or other public meetings or consultative forums as may be required from time to time as part of the development process.
- To communicate effectively with clients in order to maintain client confidence and high standards of customer care.
- To communicate effectively with colleagues and clients wherein not doing so the reasonable progress of a project may be prejudiced.
- To exercise budgetary control over individual projects.
- To exercise sound judgement in the management of resources.
For more information or to apply for this position please email your CV to email@example.com and visit our careers page.